Monday, March 17, 2008

I tried to figure it out

Spent the day doing just that - figuring things out.

First it was this epic and vivid dream I had, which managed to continue itself despite my waking up twice in between! So spent some time in the morning recording down as much as I could remember into my journal while it was still visually fresh in my memory. Broke the entire dream down to 4 scenes and 490 words.

Then went about taking photos of Elaine with her baby grand, testing out angles as well as my new 2nd-hand 550EX flash!


After several venue deliberations over sms, met Laura at Cafe Cartel for lunch. She knew I would like baby back ribs, she proudly repeated. =) We wondered awhile out loud to each other & to a waiter why they would offer the olive oil without the balsamic vinegar with the freeflow of slice-your-own french loaf.

The streets of downtown Singapore start to make sense to me as I find my way on foot to various art galleries, recognizing spaces I had passed a few days back when I had walked from Funan to Sim Lim. Halfway to my intended destination at Hill Street, I linger awhile at the Armenian Church, the first Christian church built in Singapore, 1835.

I sit in the small dome-like sanctuary & sort out some threads of thoughts with God. From then on, "Over My Head" is put on repeat. I walk in the garden with the sculptured sequence of the Passion and the scattered tombstones & sort out more threads of thought with God. From then on, I start taking photos with the 2mp camera on my K550i mobile phone.


Art appreciation at the MICA building / Old Hill St Police Station. Didn't quite match what I had expected but very rarely in my life does disappointment get the better of the ability to find something to be fascinated by. Several hidden treasures and the restored architecture itself made my trek worthwhile.

Inside MICA.

Outside MICA.

Some other sides of MICA.

I pick up the latest issue of Arts Beat at MICA and I figure out 1. which exhibit I want to seek out next and 2. which bus will take me there. #174 gets me to the Goethe Institute Art Gallery at Winsland House and 30 mins at the photo exhibit gets me inspired to to take more photos with my phone.



Downside of that is that I work up a thirst. Cross the road to a 7-11. Find a bus to Bugis St. Walk to Sim Lim Sq & back. Catch #133 to Suntec City. Then #97 to Vivo City. Noted along the way that #10 & #30 stops at the Railway Station on Keppel Rd. Take #143 home.

Spend time with the Wans figuring out how to get Elaine's THREE macs to see each other. Then spend time downloading photos & figuring out how I'm gonna get to Yong Peng the next day.

---

Shot of the day and song of the season... both pointing me in the right direction....


Over My Head by Brian Littrell

I tried to figure it out
Time and time again and time again
I guess there's just some things I'll never understand
'Cause Your ways aren't our ways
But deep down in my soul, down in my soul
There is one thing I know that I know

I'm in over my head
Right where I wanna be
I'm so lost within Your love
The love that always covers me
So high, so deep, so wide
A strong and cleansing tide
My soul has found a place to rest
I'm in over my head

I've been holding on
Now I'm letting go, just letting go
Gonna let Your love carry me away
I don't know where I'm going
But I'm surrounded by the truth
And I can feel the current pulling me
Deeper into You

You see me for who I am
You did reach out Your hand
You made me understand
That Your love has always covered me

I'm in over my head
Right where I wanna be
I'm so lost within Your love
The love that always covers me
So high, so deep, so wide
A strong and cleansing tide
My soul has found a place to rest
I'm in over my head

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow did you take these pictures with your phone camera or your slr? :) Am glad that your trip to Singapore was fruitful. Hope you are well rested now!!

the boggler said...

Yes on all counts! Photos... except for the one with Elaine & her piano and the one of the cover version of the Kluang signboard, all the shots in the March 17 & 18 posts were taken with my phone! =)

Oli - Stilling Your Moments - said...

Love the b&w's =) =)

Anonymous said...

happening sony ericsson!!!

-alicey-