Tuesday, April 29, 2008

It only takes a spark

It's a couple of days after the 4th Charge Up! Conference and a few emails come into my mailbox. An excerpt from one of them:

"This conference has really charged me up! And I learnt a lot. Actually, while I'm been studying in KL for 2 years, I have been going to church like a normal christian. But after the conference, I feel that I need to go back to serve God in His church!"

Just a few simple lines but the email warmed my heart alongside the many other testimonies from trainers, crew & delegates, written and said in the past few days. For that was the whole idea behind Charge Up! -- that all who attended would be... well... charged up! In skills and in spirit. And that our service to God, whether it be in or outside the church, would not be from an empty tank but from the overflow of what He pours into us.

I didn't get a chance to take any photos with my camera during the 4 days of the Conference... but there definitely wasn't a lack of photographers! Almost every which way you turned, there was a camera clicking! Now all we have to do is figure out how to round up all 'em photos! Will just post a few group shots that our official conference photographer, Joel, took.

Almost everyone at Charge Up!... minus Sha & Bob:

This year's task force... minus 10 members... but including Sha & Bob:

I thank God for all of you who have allowed your sparks to get the fire going in LiveWire! May He continue to be the Flame of our hearts! =)

"The fire on the altar must be kept burning; it must not go out." (Leviticus 6:12)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the photo of the task force!! Is it on the DVD? Now I want to put it on my blog too.

jules said...

minus 10 members? that's a lot not in the task force picture...

most importantly, i'm notttttt...
and it's such a nice picture :-(

-julia