Monday, December 06, 2004

Pain in the Offering

"Just take a pill... it will heal faster."

Ever since I can remember, I've been adversive to taking pills. A phobia. At its peak, I hyperventilate. So, many times, I'd choose the road of suffering. As long as the suffering didn't involve having to swallow any pills.

I'm not sure what I'm going through, this season of my life. Seems more boggled than usual. Maybe that's why I'm writing after so long. Maybe that's why my mum's usually unheeded medical advice seemed suddenly intriguing.

I know I'm dealing with wounds. From the past, from the present. It gets even more complicated because other people's wounds seem to hurt me too. Funny how something acquired virtually in a split second can take what seems like a lifetime to recover from.

If there was a pill to heal all these wounds, I think i'd consider taking it.

...Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners." (Matthew 9:12-13)

0 comments: